** NOTE: Please do your research on any facilities you consider. There are scams out there that take advantage of people desperate to find hope. And please know that all stem cell "treatments" are not the same as the HSCT Hematopoeitic Stem Cell Transplant that Marc had done at Northwestern University in Chicago with Dr. Burt.
- This is the video that got Marc started on this journey: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4789568n++
- Dr. Burt's Official Website with all the information about the Stem Cell Study: Division of Immunotherapy and Autoimmune Diseases (DIAD) is the only center in the world devoted to a unique area of treatment and research utilizing stem cell transplantation in clinical trials for autoimmune diseases and vascular diseases. DIAD pioneered and performed America’s first hematopoietic stem cell transplants to treat: Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Diabetes, Lupus, Crohn’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP), Phemphigus, Dermatomyositis, Devic’s, Myasthenia Gravis, Polymositis and Scleroderma.
- For more specific information about the Stem Cell Study at Northwestern University Hospital in Chicago, performed by Dr. Richard K. Burt M.D., please watch the following videos. They are long, but very informative if you want to know the details. Also, see the Immunology Department website for information on others who have gone thru the study and what other auto-immune diseases are being treated with this same method.
Dr. Burt Video 1 (9:28 min):
Dr. Burt Video 2 (8:46 min):
Dr. Burt Video 3 (6:46 min):
- ** NEW VIDEO of Dr. Burt and many of his staff and patients talking about the Stem Cell Transplant.
- Dr. Burt is also treating many other auto-immune diseases. Here is a complete list.
- Dr. Burt's Patient Handbook is a 51 page PDF that has all the specifics about the Stem Cell Study. If you have questions, chances are you will find your answers here if you read the entire document. It's long, but very informative and exciting. It includes how to get into the study, what the evaluation and acceptance process is and what the steps of the study are once you get accepted. Also, it explains the randomization process and what will happen depending on which arm of the study the patient is randomized for.
- Brian Tilaro went thru the exact same stem cell study in 2007 as Marc has been accepted into. His YouTube channel, allyoumed, has 24 videos of his progress as he went thru the study. Here's the 1st video. . Marc learned a lot from watching these videos and was in contact with Brian during our stay in Chicago. Now, in 2013, there are many blogs and Facebook groups about HSCT, but at the time Marc was researching it, Brian was the main source for all of our information. Brian's website: http://www.allyoumed.com/
- Dr. Chad Pfefer also had an HSCT for RRMS from Dr. Burt and has an amazing story. Here are his videos:
- Lisa went thru the same HSCT for M.S. in Chicago. http://www.lisashope.com
- George Goss, who was SPMS, went thru a similar HSCT in Germany with fantastic results. George is a fountain of information regarding HSCT both in the U.S. and world wide and is always willing to help point others to his many resources online. http://themscure.blogspot.com/2009/11/introduction-to-voyage.html.
- Elizabeth Melly's blog about her husband Martin Melly's journey with SPMS. http://mymshero.com/martins-ms/
- Carmel Turner is from Australia and had a very similar stem cell procedure done for M.S. http://www.MSStemCell.com
- Wendy Nash's blog about her HSCT for CIDP in Chicago. It is being successfully done for many auto-immune diseases! http://wendyssct.blogspot.com/
- Tammy Kazen-Richert's blog about her HSCT for Primary Progressive M.S. in Russia http://tamstopms.wordpress.com/
- Claire Parry's blog about her HSCT for MS in India. http://claireparryandherms.blogspot.com/
- Also, there are about 28 videos on .
- CONNECT ON FACEBOOK: You can connect with us and many others who have gone thru, are going thru currently or are considering participating in Dr. Burt's study, along with many others with M.S. on our Dr. Burt HSCT Facebook Group. This is really the best place to connect and ask questions about the study. There is another Worldwide HSCT Facebook Group that lists all legitimate HSCT facilities world wide. George Goss is the most informed person in that group to ask questions to if you are looking outside the country for HSCT. To become a member of either Facebook Group, you must request to become a member. Once approved, you can see all the posts and interact with other group members to find answers.
- Lauren V. Parrott has over 80 videos about her own experience with M.S. We met her in Kalamazoo at an M.S. dinner. She is a very positive and bubbly person with a passion for sharing her experiences with others. Subscribe to laurenvparrott on YouTube." target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Lauren's 1st video.
http://www.laurenparrott.com Lauren was and maybe still is on Tysabri.
- Here's a page about the basics of Multiple Sclerosis, what it is, the symptoms, types of treatment and other information that a newly diagnosed person or family and friends may be interested in reading. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/multiple-sclerosis-000111.htm